Telephone: 01733 306226        

Buildings and Contents Insurance Peterborough

If you are a home-owner and you have a mortgage, you will find that your lender will insist on you having buildings insurance cover. A good plan will protect you and your assets from fire, flooding or subsidence.

Having buildings insurance cover will not only cover your property but also many of the fixed fittings within your home, such as bathrooms, kitchens and quite often your shed or greenhouse as well.

It is important to bear in mind, that whilst your mortgage provider will try to sell you your buildings insurance as well, you are by no means obligated to take out your buildings insurance with them, so shop around!

Fair enough, word of mouth is an excellent way of conducting your initial searches, however the policy that may best suit your cousin who lives in the countryside, may not be the ideal policy for you who lives in a built up area of a city. This is why it is important to seek advice from a professional, such as those at The Mortgage Broker Protection Ltd, before purchasing any buildings insurance.

If you do take out a buildings insurance policy and then make any changes to your home, such as a loft conversion or conservatory, then it is your responsibility to inform your buildings insurance provider as this will affect your policy. If you don’t and then there was damage to this new part of your property, it wouldn’t be covered because it wasn’t there when you took out your policy and your buildings insurance provider has no obligations to help you with something you never told them about.


A Look in to Contents Insurance in the Peterborough Area

Contents insurance is there to protect you and your possessions in the event of damage or theft. A contents insurance policy can protect any of the unfixed items in your house but your insurance provider will specify maximum payouts for particular items making it crucial that you provide evidence of the true value of your belongings. This may be with receipts or perhaps valuations from professional tradesmen, such as jewellers. But remember the following whilst shopping around for contents insurance:

  • There are various levels of contents insurance cover available so ensure that all of your possessions are covered against every instance.
  • Your contents insurance policy may impose a limit to the value that your goods are insured for. For example, if the value of your personal items (jewellery etc), exceeds £2000 then they might not cover it.
  • Are possessions that you take outside with you covered by your contents insurance? Such as cameras and laptops.


If you don’t already have enough to consider, you must also remember to thoroughly check all excess policies, consider taking out a combined buildings and contents insurance policy and remember that if a deal seems too good to be true price-wise, then it probably is!

This is where The Mortgage Broker Protection Ltd, steps in. To the untrained eye, the buildings and contents insurance market looks vast and intimidating, but to the experts at The Mortgage Broker Protection Ltd, these policies are something they deal with on a daily basis and so a manageable market for them to sift through.

They are ready and waiting to give you no obligation advice about your buildings and contents insurance Peterborough, to help make sure that your material possessions and your home are protected.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage

Upon application a fee of up to £495 will be payable (typically £195)


Comments are closed.